The term ‘best’ is relative. It depends on how one perceives its meaning. Choosing the best is a true challenge, and it couldn’t be easier to pick one roof type especially that the marketplace has a wide variety of offers when it comes to roofing.
The roof should be one of the most formidable parts of the house structure. It should be dependable to support the whole house against any form of danger. Daily weather conditions affect the type of roofing you have, the roofing type you choose should withstand wear and tear and should keep you safe, warm, and with peace of mind at all times.
How to look for the best roofing type
What are the hardships in looking for the best roof? First, the availability of different tile materials makes it difficult to choose, as you have to compare them on many aspects. Second, tiles have different shapes, colours, sizes, brand, weight, and more. Third, it could be a challenge to find a reputable manufacturer. Fourth, substandard materials and tiles which are manufactured in the aim to imitate quality products but sold cheaply are considered fake. With the proliferation of these materials, it is hard to distinguish genuine products. Lastly, with the competition happening in the market, you may find it confusing on which tile material you should go for.
- Durability—How many roof tiles should you replace just because they wear out too fast, fade, break, and lose their appeal the sooner you expect? You can avoid getting frustrated by buying what your money’s worth can get. You can always go for the most durable tile type. You will need to look for comparisons, reviews, or referrals. But the smartest approach you can take is to talk to an experienced roofer. A reputable roofing company knows so much about the best brands and types of roofing tiles. You can ask the staff from Birmingham Roofers to guide you through.
- Authenticity—Never compromise quality for economy. It is useless to save when you end up spending more by frequently replacing tiles. You have been lured by the most affordable offer, disregarding the integrity of the material or product. Sometimes, homeowners thought they could settle for cheaper materials because they are replaceable. When promised that the material you choose for many years will last, but you have no way to foresee, you give in. Eventually, poorly made products will soon come out as substandard when they start to fade, split, warp or crack in a shorter span of time. Don’t forget that roofs soon fail because they leak, sag, and discolour.
- Material—Roofing tiles are built using clay or concrete. The most popular type is slate and still holds the top spot as being the most expensive. Houses in the upscale society often prefer slate tiles because they last for a century, and they have been regarded as the oldest tile material ever used since ancient times. Roman, Spanish, Greek, and other medieval-type architectures employed slate tiles because they are sturdy materials that can be reliable and hardly irreplaceable. For clay and concrete, modern trends in the building have found these two types to be of popular appeal for their price, durability, versatility in design, and eco-friendliness. If you need to know more about different roofing tiles, refer to our previous blogs.
- Slope—What has slope got something to do with finding the best roof type? The pitch or slope of your roof affects the type of tiles you choose. Some tiles work better on less-pitched roofs, some work on flat roofs, and some work on a highly pitched roof. This is to determine their capability to redirect rainwater and prevent leaks. The tile you pick must withstand the strongest rain or wind.
- Framework—You don’t just choose a tile because it suits your personal taste or such that its price will reflect your lifestyle. Avoid roofs that will not match with your framing. If the relationship of the frame to the weight of the roof does not complement, the structure will be compromised. Weak framing may lead to a sagging roof. Call an expert in roofing before deciding on your roof type. Birmingham Roofers can be your good partner making good decisions, especially if you live in the area or surrounding cities.
Other things to consider are design and reliability. It’s important to compare different products while not neglecting beauty and appeal. Some colours, for example, may give your home or property a small or large appearance. Some look traditional if you opt for that, and others look modern if your stylish gut wants to be aligned with modernity. Critical issues include compliance with local codes, the reputation of the brand, customer feedback, recyclability of the material, and cost-efficiency.
Start making your choice now. But only do it with reputable roofers in your area. Begin your roofing journey with us. At Roofers Birmingham, we can only lead you to a well-informed decision. Ask our experts by calling us now.